There are a number of different reasons why you would want to redesign your website or switch your theme to something a bit more suited to your content. So what should you do if you want to redesign your website?
Core Web Vitals and how your UX is impacted by a redesign or theme change should play a large part in your decision-making. As we know, Core Web Vitals takes into account the speed of the site (LCP), the stability of the site (CLS), and the interactivity of the site (FID) and has a high impact on SERPs. Making sure your Core Web Vitals are performing well should be a high priority in any site redesign.
Another influential decision in site redesign should be your ad placements.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you going to be losing any ad slots with the redesign?
- How will this impact your revenues?
Whilst we can tailor our display to your site requirements, our standard ad display on desktop includes a highly viewable sticky sidebar unit.
- Does your theme have a sidebar?
- If it doesn’t, What revenue uplift would you see from having a sidebar?
Additionally, Are you looking to add an infinite scroll to the site? If so:
- Does your infinite scroll setup allow callbacks to insert ads?
- What impact will this have on pageviews and UX?
To answer all these questions and more, reach out to the team for a consultation on ad placements across your site redesign.